Thursday

Light a Candle in Remembrance



I will be lighting a candle for our daughter Brianna, who died in June 2007 at the age of 17 due to bone marrow failure. Please join me as thousands of people around the globe light a candle Sunday, Dec. 13, at 7 pm, in remembrance of the children who died and touched their lives.

A Remembrance Book will also be available on The Compassionate Friends' website on that day to post a message or tribute.

We miss Brianna every moment of every day. If you'd like more information, please see  my mixed media blog: My Birdsong.

3 comments:

DellaRae said...

What a beautiful rememberance. I have never heard of this before. I will light a candle in her honor also. Bless you and yours this Christmas.

Halloween Art Studio said...

Hello, I am soooo sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful daughter.
We also have lost a child,our youngest to Glioblastoma Stage 4 brain cancer.He passed away Dec 13th,2008.Dec 13,2009 will make 1 year without him.
There is no experience like losing your child to death..My sympathy goes out to you and yours.
I understand how you and your family feels,because our son Christopher left behind a sister,2 brothers and his mother and father.We miss him everyday..may all the children we all have lost..rest in peace as they will always be remembered..
My Blessings to you , Barbara A Strohmeier

Anonymous said...

Hello Iva! This is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing. My blessins and big hugs to you;)